Sunday, July 8, 2012

A vision statement for the next 45 years

On Wednesday, March 7, I wrote the following affirmation, to outline the person I wanted to become, the life I wanted to lead, the qualities I wanted to demonstrate. On this date, July 8, I re-commit to doing all I can to live up to the sentiments expressed in these few lines:


I am committed to being a man of integrity, of self-discipline and courage. I will not be swayed by the opinions of others; I will not be assaulted by self-doubt or paralysed by indecision. I am a man of God, committing all my thoughts and deeds, plans and dreams, to the Lord. The qualities I admire in others - strength, self-discipline, forthrightness - will be qualities I aspire to model and embrace.

I will let Celena know that I will be there for her, no matter what may come. I will let her know that I am grateful for her presence in my life, and for her unwavering support and unconditional acceptance. Most of all, I will let her know that I love her, each and every day, in each and every way - passionately, graciously, abundanly

I will 'converse' daily with my two God-given delights, Amber Rose and Brodie. Each day, and throughout each day, I will let them know when I am doing it tough and share with them my joys and successes. I will share with them my joys and successes. All I do will be for them, who have died and for children who are living, but not able to yet enjoy qualitiy life.









No comments:

Post a Comment